Monday 13 February 2012

Term 2: Introduction

Just like i started this project (and term) with an introduction, outlining my (initially vague) aims and objectives, I feel it appropriate to start this new chapter with a recap of my progress so far, and felt the best way in which to do this was by simply looking through my blog from start to finish, considering every choice i made, questioning techniques, theories and final outcomes (visually and theoretically) and of course the research i have conducted, from theory to the artists in which have inspired me. 


Carrying on with the project, I want to ensure that I don't get myself too caught up with strict theory that i am supposedly trying to regard or disregard. I felt last term i was slightly blinded by the belief that i had to stick with my idea so much that i found my work becoming rather boring, leaving little to the imagination. This resulted in work becoming confused and non linear, where i submitted images which perhaps seemed somewhat different from eachother. Obviously with photography, as an artist or someone simply playing around, you are able to produce work of a very broad subject area, showing work which is visually completely nonlinear. Despite this, i want to produce work which will look as a collection, and make people recognise and match one image with another. I feel this will mainly come down to how i decide how to present my work (I.e. in a specific photo sequence format, in colour or black and white etc.) 


I now see last term as a means of experimentation (sort of like a foundation term) and although i have written and submitted and project proposal, it by all means may change slightly. Although now my aims and ideas are decided upon, where my proposal will work as a working map, i don't see any reason why something cant change, resulting beneficially, rather than being detrimental to the project. 



No comments:

Post a Comment