Wednesday 29 February 2012

Eadweard Muybridge

As research is concerned, i am surprised i have not yet looked at Eadweard Muybridge. Although his work may be dated, his presentation of his photography is of much relevance to me. Where i have been pondering a correct 'system' in which to display and present my photo sequences, it has been refreshing to see Muybridge work being presented as different numbers of shots within each frame. His work looks very much so scientifical, and although the subject may not be so relevant, his pioneering 'locomotion' work has inspired me. Muybridge used lots of different cameras to capture motion. Although using lots of different cameras would not be my choice of method for some of my envisaged shots, i intend on using a tripod to keep the camera still and instead moving the subject about in the same frame, rather than moving with the subject. I have provided a few examples of Muybridges after the jump:





No comments:

Post a Comment