Saturday 29 October 2011

TIME LAPSE VIDEOS

I have been noticing time lapse being demonstrated in video media quite a lot. Here are some videos i have found which aim to show different things, through the use of time lapse. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIl9rO9sURE


'A little death' (Sam Taylor Wood, 2002) 
This is a particular favourite time lapse video of mine, in which i feel has been done brilliantly. Obviously set up for effect, the video artistically shows a dead rabbit decaying through time. Interestingly the peach placed next to the rabbit has been untouched from decay. A nice experiment here. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vc_PU3D3QNE


'Living my life faster' (JK, 1998-2006) This time lapse video fascinates me. Its a personal daily photo project experiment which shows how this individuals face changes through 8 years of his life. The dedication and final result is of great inspiration to me, yet the time i have to play with for this project is not on such a great scale. This has definitely urged me on to consider ideas about myself, bringing up personal questions with my physical self, my face and body. Am i happy with myself? How could i experiment with time lapse to demonstrate something like this.. 


http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c0En-_BVbGc


'Fruit and vegetable decomposition' (78 days, 1 picture every 40 minutes, shown as 30 frames per second, 2008). Playing with the inevitable situation of decomposition with food, in this case fruit and vegetables. I like how straight forward and definite this experiment is. Although this kind of time lapse is very safe, i think its a good starting point for research. 


http://www.squidoo.com/absolutely-cool-videos-for-romantic-evening

'Terje Sorgjerd, best time-lapse film maker of the world'

Sorgjerd is a Norweigen photographer i came across in my research and simply executes the most visually stunning time lapse videos. My particular favourite titled 'The Aurora' shows the northern lights in Norway. Again, this is an idea that gets played with all of the time with different artists and everyday people, yet it seems like a good starting point again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment